UNIGATE® CX Connecting incompatible networks
- Easy installation
- Norm compliant
- Designed & manufactured in Germany
Flexibility through modularity
Various Fieldbuses and Industrial Ethernet standards have taken over in the automation industry. The challenge of connecting these incompatible communication systems remains a big one.
UNIGATE CX DINrail modules have been developed precisely for this purpose. The units combine various Fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet interfaces.
Quasi-uniting two UNIGATE CL in a modular setup, UNIGATE CXs are available for any Fieldbus/Ethernet combination. Currently, there are about 120 variants available.
Due to the constant development of new CL modules, for example in the Industrial Ethernet field, the numbers of available options are still rising.
With the UNIGATE CX modules from Deutschmann, you bring existing components into modern networks. As a device manufacturer, you save the self-development of the respective Fieldbus or Ethernet-based interfaces. The consistency of the Deutschmann UNIGATE CX series allows once generated configurations and scripts to be used for other Fieldbus and Ethernet-based versions.
UNIGATE CX - overview
- Available for most Fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet versions
- The Fieldbus or Ethernet side meets the standards, respectively the standard market models.
- Delivery condition with transparent data exchange
- Brand labeling
- Adaption of the terminal device firmware is dropped
- Modern, slim, DINrail
- Same dimensions in all bus versions
- Wide voltage range from 10 to 33 VDC
- Built-in isolation on the bus side
- Configuration of the module via configuration tool WINGATE (Exception: LONWorks variants are
- Pre-configured according to the customer
- Free programming via Protocol Developer (Deutschmann Script language) for more complex applications
- Replica of proprietary protocols
- Additional debug interface on board
- Complete PROFINET-IO-Device interface (Slave)
- 100 Mbit/s full duplex
- 32-Bit Microprocessor for fast response time
- Isolated PROFINET interface with 2x RJ45 connector
- Integrated 2 port switch (e. g. for daisy chaining)
- Bis zu 1440 Bytes input- and 1440 Bytes output data
- Complete PROFIBUS-DP-Slave interface
- Automatical Baud rate recognition (9600 bit/s - 12 Mbit/s)
- Isolated PROFIBUS interface with 9-pin. D-sub connector
- PROFIBUS address adjustable via rotary switch
- Up to 244 Bytes input- and 244 Bytes output data
(WxDxH in mm)
46 x 115 x 100 (incl. screw-plug-connector)
|Mounting||DINrail (EN 50022)|
|Supply voltage||10 bis 33 Volt DC
Protection against incorrect polarity, short circuit and overload integrated
|Current consumption (at +24V/DC)||typ. 157mA, max. 189mA|
|Operating temperature||-25°C (non condesing) up to +85°C|
|Storage-/Transport temperature||-40°C ... +85°C|
|Fieldbus Functions||All specified PROFINET Slave functions
All specified PROFIBUS Slave functions