UNIGATE® MB Protocol Converter for devices with serial Modbus RTU interface
- Easy installation
- Norm compliant
- Designed and manufactured in Germany
For all devices with a serial Modbus RTU interface
The Deutschmann Protocol Converter UNIGATE MB connects your device to the desired fieldbus or Industrial Ethernet standard via a serial interface. RS232, RS485 and RS422 interfaces are on board as a standard feature of the UNIGATE.
The communication between the chosen bus system and the serial side can be carried out via Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII as well as other common bus systems such as 3964(R).
A special feature of the UNIGATE MB series is Brand labeling. With the customized design Deutschmann Automation not only gives you the opportunity to pre-conﬁgure the device and choose different housing colors, you can also apply your own logo.
Typical serial applications that can be used with the UNIGATE include, among others, variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales.
UNIGATE® MB - overview
- Available for most fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet versions
- RS232, RS485- and RS422 interfaces on Board
- When using the RS485 interface, multiple terminal devices can be used on a Protocol Converter
- Same design on the serial side in all bus versions
- The fieldbus or Ethernet side meets the standard, respectively the standard market modules.
- Modern, slim DINrail
- Same dimension in all bus versions
- Wide voltage rane from 10 to 33 VDC
- Built-in isolation on the bus side
- Configuration of the module via configuration tool WINGATE
- Modbus RTU (master/slave)
- Modbus ASCII (master/slave)
- Up to 24 Modbus requests configurable
- 3964(R) protocol
- Transparent protocol
- SSI protocol for transducer (gray code or binary code)
- Once a configuration is completed it can be re-used for other installations.
- Supports CoE (Canopen over Ethernet)
- 100 Mbit/s Full-Duplex
- Isolated EtherCAT-interface with 2x RJ45 connector (IN and OUT)
- Generic XML file
- Up to 255 Bytes input- and 255 Bytes output data
- RS232/RS485/RS422 up to 625 kBaud configurable
(WxDxH in mm)
23 x 115 x 111 (screw-plug connector included)
approx. 125 g
|Mounting||DINrail (EN 50022)|
|External power supply||10 to 33 Volt DC
Reverse polarity protection, short circuit protection and overload integrated
|Current consumption (at +24V/DC)||typ. 45mA, max. 50mA|
|Operatging temperature||-25°C (non condensing) up to +85°C|
|Storage/transport temperature||-40°C ... +85°C|
|Fieldbus functions||CANopen over Ethernet (CoE)|
|Order designation||Description||Order number|
|UNIGATE MB-EtherCAT||DIN-rail module for every device with serial Modbus RTU - to EtherCAT. Serial interface - RS232, 422 and 485 on-board. Housing: sky blue RAL 5015.||V4026|