UNIGATE® IC Ready-to-install embedded solution
- 32 DIL
- Norm compliant
- Designed & manufactured in Germany
All-in-one bus node
The pre-certified embedded communication interfaces can be directly integrated into the electronics of the terminal device. Changes in the firmware of the terminal device are not necessary. This is important, for instance, for those devices whose firmware is certified and therefore may not be altered. As an alternative to customer’s own developed interfaces, the UNIGATE IC family optimizes developments costs and time-to-market of the final product.
The compact embedded solution is available as a core component for Industry 4.0 for all common fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet standards PROFIBUS, PROFINET, EtherNet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNET, as well as for Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, CANopen and LonWorks. All of the devices, which are designed for various protocols, are pin compatible and can therefore be used flexibly and can be interchanged without additional effort. This thus allows quickly providing terminal devices with any desired bus for optimal integration into the environment.
The UNIGATE IC, which consists of microcontroller, Flash, RAM and all other components such as optocoupler and bus driver, is provided in a 32 DIL housing covering an area of 25 mm x 45 mm. The embedded solution can be connected via a UART interface to the microcontroller of the terminal device or can operate as stand-alone. The hardware development is reduced to integration of the IC socket and bus specific connectors.
The powerful all-in-one bus nodes can be programmed via the Deutschmann Automation developed script language. Therefore, more complex applications, which cannot be presented via a pure configuration, can be mapped. The Protocol Developer is a free tool for generation of the script. It is easy to use and specifically optimized to the bus communication. The scripts run on all UNIGATE IC variants.
Deutschmann Script language - Ultimate Flexibility
For more complex applications, which cannot be represented via a pure configuration, we offer the Deutschmann Script language for the flexible, proprietary protocol connection between the UNIGATE module and the terminal device. With the help of the free Deutschmann software Protocol Developer, you control the data traffic between the application and the bus system without having to change the firmware of the terminal.Find out more about Protocol Developer
UNIGATE IC - Overview
- 70-80% reduced development effort
- Optimized Time-to-Market
- Assembly consists of standard components
- Connection to the host processor via UART-interface or SPI
- Expandable via the shift register interface
- Stand-alone-mode (without processor applications)
- LED activation, read-in of switch positions
- Analog/digital converter (e.g. analog sensor, 4...20mA current loop)
- Easy integration
- Flexible connection with Deutschmann script language
- Development of several Fieldbus / Industrial Ethernet protocols with one development
- Isolated RS interface (RS232/RS485/RS422)
- Up to 625 kBaud
- Implementation proprietary/complex protocols
- Implementation standard protocols e. g.
- Modbus RTU (master/slave)
- Modbus ASCII (master/slave)
- 3964(R) (e. g. for RK512)
(WxDxH in mm)
45 x 25 x 12
|Weight||approx. 9 g|
|Current consumption||Typ. 200mA|
|Operating temperature||Industrial temperature range -40°C up to +85°C|
|Storage-/Transport temperature||-40°C ... +100°C|
|Fieldbus functions||According to Modbus specification|
|Interfaces||2x UART, 1x SPI/Syn. serial|