Products » Fieldbus/Industrial Ethernet » Protocol Converter » UNIGATE CL » UNIGATE CL-PROFIBUS DP
UNIGATE CL-PROFIBUS DP
Protocol Converter / Gateway from serial interface to PROFIBUS DP
The PROTOCOL CONVERTER UNIGATE CL connects devices such as automation components via their serial interfaces to the required fieldbus or industrial Ethernet standard. RS232, RS485 und RS422 interfaces are on Board as a standard feature.
The communication between the serial side and the bus takes place either through the device configuration and a selection of the commercially available protocol, such as Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU (Master or slave), 3964 (R), RK512, DIN measuring bus, DIN 19244, or the device is controlled by a script.
This Script is created with the free PC tool, ‘PROTOCOL DEVELOPER’. You decide whether you want to program the Script yourself or hire Deutschmann Automation to do so.
A special feature of the UNIGATE CL series is Brand labeling. With the customized design Deutschmann Automation not only gives you the opportunity to pre-configure the device and choose different housing colors, you can also apply your own logo.
With the UNIGATE CL modules from Deutschmann you bring existing components into modern networks. As a device manufacturer you save the self-development of the respective fieldbus or Ethernet based interfaces. The consistency of the Deutschmann UNIGATE CL series allows once generated configurations and scripts to be used for other fieldbus and Ethernet based versions.
Advantage Deutschmann - This speaks for UNIGATE CL
- Available for the most fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet versions
- RS232, RS485- and RS422 interfaces are on Board
- Same design on the serial side in all bus versions
- The fieldbus or Ethernet side meets the standards, respectively the standard market models.
- SSI protocol is supported e.g. for encoder
- Built-in isolation on the bus side, optionally on the serial side
- Configuration of the module via configuration tool WINGATE
- Free programming with PROTOCOL DEVELOPER (Deutschmann Script language)
- No adjustment of the device firmware needed
- Additional debug interface on board
- Modern, slim, DIN rail
- Same Dimensions in all bus variants
- Brand labeling, pre-configured according to the customer
- Wide voltage range from 10 to 33 VDC
- When using the RS485 interface, multiple terminal devices can be used on a PROTOCOL CONVERTER (e.g. Modbus RTU).
Hotline and Support
A team of qualified specialists will assist you with the selection of the device, start-up, configuration and the generation of the Script. This offer is completed by trainings to the different subject areas.
Quick info UNIGATE CL-PROFIBUS DP
- Complete PROFIBUS
- Max. 244 byte input- and 244 byte output-data
- Automatical Baud rate recognition (9600 bit/s-12 Mbit/s)
- Isolated PROFIBUS interface with 9-pin. D-sub connector, optional galvanic isolation of the RS-side
- Serial RS232, RS 422-, RS485- and SSI-interface on board
- Baudrate of the device's serial interface adjustable up to 625,000 bit/s
- PROFIBUS address adjustable via rotary switch
- When using the RS485-device interface up to 32 participants can be connected
- Configurable for standard applications (Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU Master or Slave, RK512, 3964, 3964R, DIN 19244) or programmable through the Deutschmann Script language
- Generation of the Script through the free Protocol Developer
- No change in the Firmware of your terminal-unit necessary
- Exchangeable for other Deutschmann Fieldbus Gateways and the types based on Ethernet
(BxDxH in mm)
|23 x 115 x 100|
|Voltage supply||10 up to 33 Volt DC
Protection against incorrect polarity, short circuit and overload integrated
|Current consumption||Typ. 120mA, max. 150mA|
|Operating temperature||-40°C up to +85°C|
|Fieldbus functions||All specified PROFIBUS DP Slave functions|
|Galvanic division||Optional for the serial side, standard for the bus side|
|Order designation||Description||Order no.|
|UNIGATE CL-PBDPV1||DIN-rail module with seral interface - RS232, 422 and 485 on-board - to PROFIBUS. Additional Debug-interface, Housing sky blue RAL 5015||
|UNIGATE CL-GY-PBDPV1||DIN-rail module with seral interface - RS232, 422 and 485 on-board - to PROFIBUS. Additional Debug-interface, Housing light grey RAL 7035||
|Optional||Galvanic separation RS-side (RS-Interface)||
|Starterkit UNIGATE CL-PBDPV1||Starterkit UNIGATE CL-PROFIBUS includes 1 UNIGATE CL-DPV1, debug cable, application cable, adapter cable PC, power supply, Manual, Software||
|Add-On ProfibusDPV0||Add-On ProfibusDPV0 consisting of ProfibusDPV0 simulator, cable, software||
|Add-On ProfibusDPV1||Add-On ProfibusDPV1 consisting of ProfibusDPV1 simulator, cable, software||
|USB-RS232 Converter||USB-RS232 Converter, 20cm||
|USB-RS232 Converter incl. adapter cable||USB-RS232 Converter incl. adapter cable for Unigate CL-Range||